Re: screen height issue

From: Michael Grant
Subject: Re: screen height issue
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 22:50:02 +0000

I agree with your second point that it will send a lot of data down the line uselessly.  I don't think it's a great idea but I couldn't think of any other way to do it.

However, I did just think of something....  What if there were a text based scrollbar in Screen that sat  on the left (or right) inside the putty window made out of ascii characters.  Putty will send the mouse clicks.  It should be possible to nearly exactly mimic scrolling the Screen copy buffer remotely.  It won't be as fast as local scrolling but it might work.