Re: Defining custom screen commands?

From: Gerald Young
Subject: Re: Defining custom screen commands?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:44:59 -0500

Hi,

What I do is have a keystroke binding which types in this:
C-a :source /home/user/Screen/

But it doesn't actually submit the command. Then I can manually type in the
command I want to run, like so:
C-a :source /home/user/Screen/command

And hit enter to execute. The command is actually a screen script stored at
that location. So adding new commands is matter just of adding new script
files.

Here's the actual binding:
bind ^L eval 'register z ":source /home/user/Screen/"' 'command' 'process z'

Regards,
Gerald