Re: gnu screen defrag

From: Michael Parson
Subject: Re: gnu screen defrag
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:12:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:12:29 -0500 (CDT)
Michael Parson <address@hidden> wrote:

Greetings fellow gnu-screen users.

I remember someone asking for something like this a while back, and I
think there were a few solutions, but I never tried them out.

I decided I wanted to be able to do this today when I was looking at
my window list in screen and I had ~30 windows opened, numbering
0-40, with obvious holes in there.

I did a quick google search and found a few solutions, none of which
seemed particularly clean to me, so, I thought I'd give it a shot
myself.

https://github.com/mparson/gnu-screen-defrag

Feel free to fork and send pull requests with improvements.

Just please don't flame for re-inventing a wheel when better
alternatives are out there that I didn't find. :)

It works for me.  If it works for you, enjoy.

Hey,

not sure which version you are using, but there is 'collapse' command ;)
It should renumber windows for you, without script.

Doh!

When did that get introduced?  I remember it being discussed, but I
didn't remember it getting implemented.  I only follow this list, not
the dev list.

Oh well, it was a fun exercise. :)

--
Michael Parson