Re: Backtick in background does not exit when screen exits

From: Vincent Newell
Subject: Re: Backtick in background does not exit when screen exits
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:46:29 -0400

(Argh, forsaken by Gmail, sorry.)  Continued:
I tried on both Ubuntu 14.04.4 updates version (Screen version 4.01.00devel (GNU) 2-May-06)
as well as a fresh clone from master (Screen version 4.99.0 (build on Jul 29 2016 17:31:06)

I was able to reproduce this problem with the following lines in my .screenrc
backtick 1 0 0 bash -ilc "while true ; do sleep 5 ; date ; done"
hardstatus alwayslastline "%1`"

Is there any way to make this backtick program exit on screen exit?

Thanks
Vince