Re: a few qs about man page

From: Andrew Savchenko
Subject: Re: a few qs about man page
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 11:33:56 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:21:46 -0400 David Niklas wrote:
> Hello,
> I decided to take the time to read the man page (miracles DO happen), and
> I wanted to know more about a few config file options that were unclear to
> me.
>
> bce
> Why would you do this?

BCE is a background colour erase, a way to control how background
spaces after end of line are treated. When one copies & pastes using
mouse from terminal application (e.g. vim) with bce off, all spaces
after end-of-line will be copied as well, this is usually not
desirable when pasting. With bce on this problem is fixed. Usually
screen's bce status should match TERM variable, e.g. bce on and term
screen-256color-bce, otherwise CLI applications like mc, htop or
irssi will look ugly (lines will not be fully drawn with background
color).

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko