Re: Send break to screen

From: Jostein Berntsen
Subject: Re: Send break to screen
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 00:07:17 +0200

On 26.09.16,19:11, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
On 26.09.16,14:17, Colin Richardson wrote:
I am attempting to break a nodejs application that is running in a detached
screen. (From another screen nodejs application).

But I am falling over at the first hurdle in just trying to send a break
command in the first place.

I am doing ` screen -S ser02 -X "^C" `
But when I do ` screen -r ser02 ` node is still running.
I tried a few other things such as ` ^A b ` thinking it would be using the
internal screen commands.

Can you check if this works?

screen -S ser02 -X 'stuff ""'

Or will this be the most efficient way?