Need a way to switch to a slow new window

From: David Woodfall
Subject: Need a way to switch to a slow new window
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 00:16:19 +0000

I have a copy mode bind that launches elinks in a new screen window
after selecting a URL. By default it won't switch to the new window,
so I tried adding a 'select' command on the end, but I get an error
back because it seems that select tries to run before the new window
is created, so I get a message about giving a window number or name.

Here's the bind:

bindkey -m 'E' eval 'stuff \040' 'writebuf' 'exec sh -c "screen elinks `cat
/tmp/screen-exchange`"' 'select elinks'

I tried adding an idle command before the select and an 'idle 0' after
it, but that didn't work.

Any ideas on how to switch to the new window automatically?

Dave