Re: Missing system load and date/time string escapes

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: Missing system load and date/time string escapes
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 20:42:53 +0200

Hi Amadeusz,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 08:29:53PM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
> > I noticed that the master branch has a few string escapes removed, compared
> > to earlier releases, such as system load (%l) and various date and time
> > ones (%d, %m, %c, %s etc.). Is there a way to have the functionality back,
> > preferably without resorting to backticks?
[...]
> this is planned.

What exactly is planned? To bring that functionality back? The
remainder of your mail didn't sound so:

> date escapes were problematic due to locales etc. and
> also inferior to date command. While loadavg was too system dependent.
>
> Recommended way is backticks

You can't be serious? Forking every few seconds just for the status
line? That can't be "recommended".

I'm also strongly recommending to reintroduce these escape sequences.

                Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: address@hidden  \ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet