self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] self-updates

From: Federico Heinz
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] self-updates
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:34:40 -0200

On 13/03/2008, nair rajiv wrote:
> 4) The cvs is not up-to-date with the import code and the filemanager code.
> We'll update it after completion  and  testing.
>      We  are happy that Matias did a checkout from the cvs and was
> successful in installing self -platform on his machine.

We need to change this mechanism. The dev team should feel free to try
out experimental code on HBCSE servers, but *nothing* should be installed on
cselfish before it is in CVS.

Let me rephrase that: we shouldn't have any code in beta or cselfish that has
not been checked out from CVS. Otherwise, it becomes impossible to track
development!

        Fede