[Simulavr-devel] last call for testing...

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] last call for testing...
Date: Fri Apr 12 19:27:01 2002

Hi All,

I'd like to make the 0.1.0 simulavr release in the next few days.

If I beg and plead, could some of you grab the latest cvs give it a try?

Please note that the latest will no longer work with gdb-5.1 and my
patches. I had to change how gdb handles the PC to allow debugging of
programs larger than 64K bytes (mega128 and mega103 can do this). If you
want to try it with gdb,which I recommend, you'll have to grab the latest
gdb from cvs and apply the yet to be announced
gdb-cvs-5.x-avr-patch-0.0-pre4 patch.

Also, please try running the regression tests (`make check` from top level
of build will do it ;). You will need python, of course. I've run the
tests with python 2.1.1 and 2.2.1 and everything passes. I'm especially
interested in the test results on *BSD.

When I release 0.1.0, I also have the following rpms to release:

  avarice-1.5-3.i386.rpm
  avr-libc-20020203-2.i386.rpm
  avr-binutils-2.11.2-2.i386.rpm
  avr-gcc-3.0.4-2.i386.rpm
  avr-gcc-c++-3.0.4-2.i386.rpm
  avr-gdb-5.1.90-1_20020412cvs_0.0_pre4.i386.rpm
  uisp-20020303-5.i386.rpm

I've been busy fixing bugs in some of those.

Ted Roth