[Simulavr-devel] Introducement / Status request

From: qmax
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Introducement / Status request
Date: Mon Sep 2 06:18:01 2002

Hello.

It seems i've finally set up my homebox interneting and mailing
and can communicate freely.
My aplogises for previous mismailing and unconsistancies.

Now i'm curious about status of current developement process -
to do not dublicate someone's else work if i take some,
and also about some CVS usage/patchposting policies and conventions,
other then mentioned in CVS FAQ, ...if any.

Currently im working on 16 bit Timer1 with COM and PWM modes
(almost complete and amazing).
The OC and PWM require their output to be displayed (I've made display_io_port
in ext_port_wr), and this is rather question of external i/o.

***

I've grepped simulavr-devel archive and found no discussions about
virtual hardware,mplementation,  other then in TODO.

My first-shot suggestion is to implement PIN[A-D] read/write facilities
in communication proto with external process, similar to, or the same as
disp-proto.
This simply requires latching/updating these addresses in main.c: ext_port_*
instead of "writing 0x%02x to 0x%04x" and "Enter a byte of data to read into
0x%04x" (While not dealing with external signal source).

Im (up | trying) to write a tcl-powered GUI display program (displavr)
to introduce widgets representing ports statuses in human-viewable form
/* mostly those blinkenlighten; attempt to make oscillogramme (egg, to watch
PWM)
leads to requirement of proto packets time/clock synchronization */.
Adding ability to write to PIN[A-D] addresses will make it possible
to write tcl scripts implementing hardware enviroment logic or
simple input widgets.

--
qMax