Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: raising signals from gdb

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: raising signals from gdb
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Keith Gudger wrote:

> Ted:
>
> I implemented the signal stuff, using "SIG80" as the start interrupt (to
> make room for all 32 vectors).  It works great.
>
> I checked out my changes to devsupp.c and intvects.c for the USB devices,
> and they look OK.
>
> To finish checking it out, I need to add support for Ports E & F.  I did
> that, and it compiled OK.  My ports are 4 bits wide, so I added "
> PORT_4_BIT  = 4" to the ports.h file.  At that point, simulavr can finally
> try out a couple of the new devices ... and it gives a core dump.

I assume that you are talking about the 'core_avr_dump.core' file and
not that simulavr is seg faulting. ;-)

> Can you point me to documentation on what to do with the dump?  Thanks.

I haven't looked at one of those files in a really long time. It's
just a dump of the state of the avr at the time of the dump.

About the only thing you can do with it is look at it with a text
editor. ;-)

Way back before I added the gdbserver mode, the dump file was the only
way to look at the state of the program being simulated. It's really
been obsoleted by the disp programs and gdb support.

Ted Roth