[Simulavr-devel] Timers Diff Patch

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Timers Diff Patch
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:00:18 -0800

Ted:

Attached is the diff for the files that add Timer1. I did the diff while logged into CVS. I'm sorry to report that I can't find the change log entries to edit, so I did not do that.

Here is a synopsis of what I did. Starting with Hermann's patch, I added only what I needed to get Timer 1. I tried to use as much of his patch as possible, so that it would be extensible to Timer 3, but I did have to make some compromises. I also implemented the TEMP register, so that Timer 1's behavior matches the data sheet. I've tested it and the timer, COMPA and COMPB all work as I expect them to.

Let me know if there are any problems. I will work next on adding an ADC and adding a USB module so that I can simulate USB stuff. If I can get the USB module in, this would make Simulavr + avr-gdb the *only* way to simulate these parts.

Keith