Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr and mega48

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr and mega48
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:47:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Galen Seitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've made the initial changes for mega48 support, and I have a few questions.
>
> Has any thought been given to expanding the io register display size
> in simulavr-disp?  What about the cycle window function?  The mega48
> io regs go from 0x23 to 0xc6.  It would be nice to be able to see them
> all.

It's on my todo list.

> Is the timer code used by the usb devices functional?  Should I use it
> for the mega48?

Won't hurt to try it. If you find any problems, we can fix it up.

> Can simulavr-disp display the clock cycles?
>
> It would be nice if simulavr-disp displayed changed values in a different
> color.  Do you think that might be feasible to implement?

Sure. Everything that comes in would need to be saved and checked
against the previous value. If the value changed, write the new value to
screen colored (highlighted??), if not, write the old value without
color.

> If I decide to add the mega88 or mega168, it looks like I will need to
> duplicate my mega48.h file.  Is there a way to share the io_reg info?

Sure. Put all the io_reg info in a separate header
(defn/common_megax8.h). Then just #include that header at the right
spot in the device definition. Don't worry about that for now. I'll
handle it once you get the mega48.h code working.

I'm a bit swamped through the weekend with work and getting
avr-libc-1.0.4 released. Do what you can and I'll try to help out some
next week.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9