[Simulavr-devel] Cannot read from PIN

From: Wieland Gmeiner
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Cannot read from PIN
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 04:12:43 +0200

Dear list!

I'm trying to use simulavr, simulavr-disp and gdb and everything seems
to work so far, except when I try to read from a PIN, e.g.

(gdb) n
writing 0x00 to 0x0031
19                      temp = inp(PIND);
(gdb) n

gdb issues a line:

Enter a byte of data to read into 0x0030:

so I enter a byte of data:

0x00

and nothing happens. Gdb seems to hang.
When I enter two times Control-c I get:

Interrupted while waiting for the program.
Give up (and stop debugging it)? (y or n) y
(gdb) q

[1]+ Stopped    simulavr -d atmega16 -g -P simulavr-disp
address@hidden:~/uni/mc/test$ fg
simulavr -d atmega16 -g -P simulavr-disp

Enter a byte of data to read into 0x0030: 0x00
address@hidden:~/uni/mc/test$

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Wieland