Re: [Simulavr-devel] Executive decision: status-quo on names, request fo

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Executive decision: status-quo on names, request for help in addressing confution issue.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:21:58 +0100 (MET)

> >A few observations:
> >
> >- simply put, for one, I can build simulavr, not simulavrxx on OSX (but
> >  sorry haven't had the time to try to identify/fix the problem)

As I know only a problem with shared libs occures. That is independent from
using c or c++ I think.

> FWIW, I don't see it as "concentrating efforts on simualvrxx". Klaus and
> I have no interest in simulavr, that's all.

That right. My startpoint to write simulavrxx was that simulavr was for my
eyes so complex in coding that I simplified it a lot to expand it with new
features.
That was really not possible with the old code for me. Maybe others are able
write in C such things. But I dont like to reimplement things that are
really
good solved in native C++ without any kind of work.

> Anyone that wants to step up and work on it, I don't see why they
> wouldn't be able to. They just need to contact me and Klaus (maybe only
> me, I should not speak for Kluas)

There is no problem to work with or for simulavrxx I hope. If someone
is interested or have allready done a patch for a task simply should send it
to me and then we decide how to continue with this. The normal way of open
software
development :-). But why we have to speak above? There is nothing changed.
Simulavrxx is a project like all the other projects.

Bye
  Klaus

--
Psssst! Mit GMX Handyrechnung senken: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail
100 FreeSMS/Monat (GMX TopMail), 50 (GMX ProMail), 10 (GMX FreeMail)