Re: [Simulavr-devel] docs and naming [was: Re: Emergency Makefile and co

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] docs and naming [was: Re: Emergency Makefile and config.h for manual configuration]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:50:16 -0700

Paul Schlie wrote:

It's reasonable to us because we're developers.
Try explaining it to the... (let me check)... 33,000+ users who download
WinAVR. A simple name would suffice and be helpful.

Suspect you can name it whatever you want to in winavr's distribution...
just please don't indirectly kill simulavr because you'd like use its name.

My intent was not to kill simulavr; it's just that users will have questions, such as:
- Why is it called SimulAVRXX now, instead of SimulAVR?
- Why do I have to use simulavrxx.exe?
- What happened to simulavr?
- What's the difference between simulavrxx and simulavr?
- Why didn't they keep the name simulavr? and just change the version number?
etc.