Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR Compilation Problem

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR Compilation Problem
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:09:42 +0100

Hi all,

we have taken the actual decision to leave the generated files from cvs while each "developer" has to use actual tools. The cvs content (HEAD) is normaly only interisting for developers.

"Pure Users" should take the last "stable" tar ball. This tarballs should compile with
configure/make/make install.

So I would not have any generated files in such a small project at all. As I know for my last works in binutils I had the effect that I changed generated files and must do the work a second time. The only
reason for this was that the files were contained in cvs.

If you speak over big and complicated tools which are not simple to install we should go another way. But actually
we have simple tools and a very small project.

My decision for this is that the project setup is ok for developers and the tarballs should work for most users.

If there are "developers" which need support for tool setup, feel free to ask your questions here.
If we change our setup in cvs we have to ask a lot more questions:

There are intermediate tools in it like keytabgen which builds a header and a c file from a data file for keyboard simulations. Is this also a tool which must be putted under cvs? What is with libraries which are build for intermediate
programs?

My opinion: The actual structure enable all developers to work. The actual tgz files enable all users to use simulavrxx.

Bye
  Klaus