Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR Compilation Problem

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR Compilation Problem
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:46:39 -0500

Ok. I uploaded 0.8.005 and advanced the CVS version to .006....so for what it's worth, you can try this new tarball. It also has rudimentary documentation. (try make pdf and make info to see it)

If this doesn't work, let me know. As Oleg pointed out, this is an old problem, hopefully it's better now.

Oleg Batrashev wrote:

I've been unsuccessful in compiling the simulavrxx-0.8.004 package.
Whenever i try to compile i end up with an error in the
"configuration" phase:

simulavrxx-0.8.004 has bug in configuration, ie AVR_BFD_LIB and AVR_LIBIBLIO must change order in configure.ac.

I can see 3 solutions
1) if you have autotools (autoconf, automake and friends) change order to
AVR_LIBIBLIO
AVR_BFD_LIB
and run ./bootstrap. It should fix configure script.

2) checkout latest version from cvs HEAD

3) edit configure script where it tries to find bfd.
In two words:
# checking whether --with-bfd-path .....
and subsequent IF blocks must come before IF block that checks bfd location "via --prefix"

Oleg