Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trigger external component on clock cycle

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trigger external component on clock cycle
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:47:58 +0100 (MET)

Hi Lars,

> >If you have a clocked device, maybe every 1000 cycles you simple use
> >the Add member function with the given time. All async members would be
> >accessed after each!  step of any! core cycle, which consumes a lot of
> >calculation time and is not what you would do :-)
>
> Then, I'll need an async member, as I want to have some percent
> deviance. Performance isn't really a problem, as I need this for
> interactive debugging - and I'm slower than simulavr ;)

You can set up the clock source for each device with a totally differnt
clock. So you could also set up for a few percent of deviation.
There is need that all clocks running synchronous. I also
have regression tests where some controllers run with 4.002 Mhz and
some other with 3.997 and so on. No problem for simulavrxx :-) It is
good to find out that some code is only running while running on the
edge of execution time :-)

> Thank you for your hints. Problem with simulavrxx is, that it is much
> more useful then it seems to be at the first glance; only after I
> absolutely needed a simulator, I found out, that it is powerful ;)

Thanks :-)

> When I've some more time again, I'll write some little howto, to make it
> a bit more visible.

You are welcome to do this!

Regards
   Klaus