[Simulavr-devel] (no subject)

From: David Carr
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

I recently grabbed a snapshot of simulavrxx with the aim of simulating
some nested interrupt code that I’ve been working on.  I’ve managed to get
it compiled and gotten the analog comparator example to sort of run.  I’m
now trying to decipher the interface for connecting in external scripts
(preferably written in python).

As far as I can tell there are two mechanisms to simulating hardware
outside the device – C++ modules like the lcd and modules written in
another language that connect via some sort of network socket.  Does
anyone have any more example code or documentation that they can share
regarding these two mechanisms.  One thing, I’d like to know for example
is how to actually “hook-in” a module like the lcd module I saw in the
source directory.  I gather that its probably done via the scripting
interface but that’s all I’ve got so far.

This looks like a powerful simulator but I need some help penetrating its
shell.

Thanks for your time,
David Carr