Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:36:59 +0100

Hi,
> I updated the cvs to my local workarea content.
thank you!

> the config.h filer must be placed in ../../ from Makefile position. So
> you have to copy that manually once to this place outside the source
> tree of cvs!
How about ignoring config.h in CVS? ../.. seems to be a bit too far away.

> Please change config.h for your local build machine! Source to the avr
> build of binutils is needed! It is not enough to have binutils for avr
> installed! You must have the path where you have compiled it. But this
> is not a problem at all.
Maybe I should note here that it may also be necessary to built the shared
library version of avr libbfd (which is not the default) to be able to create
libavrsim_pp.la etc.

> In hope that you all are now able to work with simulavrxx!
Well, what is the preferred way now to submit patches to simulavr?

I have some minor ones which I would consider to be good enough for a devel
tree or discussion but far from stable yet. I updated them to fit on top of
the CVS HEAD of today.

Should I submit them to savannah or post them here in the ML?

> Again: There are only fragments of autotools but they will never work
> and there is no need for them at all!
Well, I have them working here with a few minor fixes and some awkwardness
(anyone interested?). But I agree that they are not really needed and should
maybe be replaced.

Greetings,

Onno