Re: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp example

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp example
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:30:24 -0600

Klaus Rudolph wrote:
Joel Sherrill schrieb:
Klaus Rudolph wrote:
Joel Sherrill schrieb:
Hi,

I wonder if something is wrong with the example
(or simulator or gui)

I expected to be able to run the gui for a while
and alternate changing the two analogs to 1 and 0.
So every other value set, they differ or match.
Maybe a misunderstanding?
Ahhh I was looking at the B0 output as an indicator
for equality not >= or <=.

Oh! This would be a bit mysterious. If an analog comparator is able to
say: "to analog values are equal"... I thing this is never true :-)

I understand and it is working now.  I will submit a PR
with some edits for the README.  Hopefully some other
idiot won't ask this question again.

:-)

What does the large "Update Control" box at the bottom
do?  When I click it, it turns red and stays red.

Ohhh, nice to here this question :-)

Sometimes you maybe want to change some values "at once". But normally
the gui transmit the data to simulation as fast as even possible. And
this is faster than your fingers on your mouse could ever be. So you
could stop transfer, change values, and set it online again.

Ahhh.. I will be updating the patch to the README and
explaining that. Makes perfect sense.

And the B0 area looks like it can handle input as well.
Is that just because it is a dual purpose GUI widget?

This is while I have not looked for any other widget :-)
Feel free to use any other widget which is out in the world. You can use
tk, itk, wx, .... (list of thausend other tcl extensions...)

GUIs aren't my specialty. LOL.  I will probably have to
do something for my application but haven't settled
on Python or Tcl.  I did a non-GUI front-end for a system
simulation that interacted with the powerpc simulator
in gdb and used Tcl for that.
If I end up with something nicer, I will submit it. Don't worry.

Thanks.  I will fix the README as best I can.

Thanks for your patience!
No problem.  As I learn, I am convinced that simularxx will
do what I need it to do for this project, I just have to learn it.
I will submit everything that seems useful and general.
I hope you could use some of the features of simulavrxx. There are a lot
and it took many hours to hide all the features from the public :-)

That's an understatement.  I am glad you have a sense of
humor about it.  I will do my best to improve things as
I go along.
I am now off! It is now time for a good German beer :-)

I am jealous.  I get to teach a class on RTEMS about
once a year in Munich and love German beer.  Where
are you?
Bye
 Klaus

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985