Re: CVS Re: [Simulavr-devel] (No subject header)

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: CVS Re: [Simulavr-devel] (No subject header)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:22:47 +0200

Hi,
Am Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009 18:18 schrieb Weddington, Eric:
> > I do hope some of you do have a CVS backup, do you?
>
> Ouch.
>
> > (I do have backups for avrdude and avr-libc, but not for simulavr.)
>
> IIRC, I have the latest *checkouts* of avr-libc 1.6 branch and HEAD. But not
> a backup of the repo itself. Thank you for having those backups.
I have a backup of simulavrxx (not the ordinary simulavr stuff), done with
git-cvsimport. I asked Jörg by if I should post it somewhere, but received no
answer yet.

As I am thinking about it I do not see any danger in doing this when it is
clearly marked as UNOFFICIAL.
So I put it on github.com. It can be cloned by:

$ git clone  git://github.com/onnokort/simulavrxx.git

Maybe someone from the official guys can filter it to have better user names
for the commit messages
and put it on simulavrxx git hosting service (which, from reading the savannah
CVS failure messages,
seems to exist though I never heard of it...)

I simply did the import/updates with

$ git cvsimport -o cvs-upstream -k -i -m -v
-d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/simulavr simulavrxx

Greetings,

Onno