[Simulavr-devel] Building the python interface (subject line was missing

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Building the python interface (subject line was missing)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 13:20:08 +0200

Hi!
I'll be impudent and answer here. Maintainers, I hope that's ok :-)

> Why can't configure find my python?
I think you need to enable it by passing "--enable-python"
to configure. That said, I think there are still some bugs
in src/Makefile.am which (at least on my amd64 system) may prevent
the python interface and also all libraries from being built.

That said, I've never tried the python interface (though I'm also
more inclined to script my simulavr in python than TCL - personal preference :-)
and I think a few weeks ago someone on the ML mentioned that it
is basically unmaintained.

With all the patches from

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6838

applied, 'make' should work flawlessly.