[Simulavr-devel] Re: Building the python interface (subject line was mis

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Re: Building the python interface (subject line was missing)
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 16:57:53 -0700

On Sat Jun  6 14:00 , Onno Kortmann  sent:
>Hi Michael,
>> Thanks.  Is there a way to get a list of configure arguments?
>I think most options are visible with 'configure --help'. Apart from
>that, no I do not even know what other options there are.
>For example the python one is not...I know... maybe you could
>send a doc patch upstream :)

I thought this list was as upstream as it got.
Among the missing, are the things that can be enabled and disabled.
So far as I know, no configure --help lists such things.
'Tis annoying.

>> >That said, I've never tried the python interface (though I'm also
>> >more inclined to script my simulavr in python than TCL - personal
>> >preference :-)
>> >and I think a few weeks ago someone on the ML mentioned that it
>> >is basically unmaintained.
>>
>> I'm still on the low end of the learning curve.
>Well, for now you're on your own if you want to use it, I suppose.

I just hope maintaining it doesn't required mastering the build mechanism.

>> >With all the patches from
>> >
>> >http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php\?6838
>> >
>> >applied, 'make' should work flawlessly.
>>
>> Does that mean I have to do more than cvs update?
>Well, maybe. Try it without, if it doesn't work, use my patches :-)

Alas, patch failed:
> address@hidden cvs0605]$ cat *.patch | patch --dry-run -p1
> patching file m4/AX_AVR_ENVIRON.m4
> patching file src/Makefile.am
> patching file examples/Makefile.am
> patching file src/Makefile.am
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 87.
> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/Makefile.am.rej

Any ideas?

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden