Re: [Simulavr-devel] why I hate autotools

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] why I hate autotools
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:45:58 -0700

I still the the cache warnings even though I have autoconf 2.63 now.
By redirecting them separately, I've ascertained that the messages are coming
from autoconf 2.63, aclocal 1.10.1, autoheader 2.63 and automake 1.10.1 .
Note that there are only two distinct version numbers.
Presumably the messages are coming from something called by all four.

I think I'll just have to live with them.
Even if I manage to get rid of them, I'll never know why it worked.
I'd just be living with the expectation that the next time I take a deep breath,
the messages will come back.
That's if nothing worse happened.

--
Michael Hennebry