Re: [Simulavr-devel] atmega168

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] atmega168
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:10:13 -0700

On Fri Jul 10  9:54 , Joel Sherrill  sent:

>address@hidden wrote:
>> On Thu Jul  9 22:55 , "address@hidden"  sent:
>>

>>> The attached code should implement atmega88 and atmega168.
>>>
>>> It hasn't been tested much.
>>>
>>> It compiles and the result still passes make check .
>>>

>>> The attached "patch" is obviously incomplete.
>>>
>>> I've attached the missing files.
>>>

>>> atmega668base.{cpp,h} are slightly edited copies
>>>
>>> of the corresponding atmega48 files.
>>>

>> If we add these, a refactoring is probably in order.
>> Deriving the atmega48 from the same base as the
>> atmega88 and atmega168 would remove duplicate code
>> and allow all three to be improved simultaneously.
>>
>If I commit it, will your next path do the refactoring? :-D

Sure.
Absent feedback, I was just more comfortable adding than editing.
Given a refactoring, most names with 48 in them should change.

Also, I have a pretty good idea how to fuel the factory,
but that should be a separate patch.

Yet another thing: I don't know how to generate
a patch that adds, deletes or renames files.
I'm sure you saw the question marks in my last one.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden