Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr + Eclipse

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr + Eclipse
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:39:37 +0200

2011/4/10 Сергей Смирнов <address@hidden>:
>> Good. I recommend to not use Eclipse when we troubleshoot the bug.
>>
>> > But when I'm connecting avr-gdb to simulavr, Connect() function stops to
>> execute and ReadByte() begins to execute (5-10 times per second)
>>
>> Does ReadByte() return some meaningful bytes or always -1?
>>
>> The command "$M" from GDB (probably caused by "load" command) may take
>> a while to receive when ReadByte() is executed only 10 per second.
>>
>> > Then, I can see the timeout error in avr-gdb. ...
>>
>> File log.txt in your last mail indicates that the TCP connection is
>> open and GDB did complete the handshake. Timeout error in avr-gdb is
>> unlikely.
>>
>> Are you sure that the problem did occur then?
>> Maybe it was run with "set remotetimeout 10000".
>>
>> (I cannot reproduce the problem. Tried clean version, fresh from GIT
>> repository. GDB and simulavr launched from separate command-line
>> windows. Not from Eclipse.)
>>

>> --
>> Petr Hluzin
>
> The problem is still occuring.
>> Does ReadByte() return some meaningful bytes or always -1?
> I've added "cout << buf[0];" into source code of
> GdbServerSocketMingW::ReadByte , and then I executed simulavr.
> When I'm executing "target remote" command in avr-gdb, I'm receiving such
> messages:
>
> In gdb:
> "(gdb) target remote localhost:1212
> Remote debugging using localhost:1212
> warning: Can not parse XML target description; XML support was disabled at
> compi
> le time
> warning: Invalid remote reply: l<?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE target SYSTEM "gdb-target.dtd">
> <target version="1.0">
>    <architecture>avr</architecture>
> </target>
>
> warning: Invalid remote reply:
> warning: Invalid remote reply:"
>
> And in simulavr, where I've added cout command:
> "$qSupported#37+$qXfer:features:read:target.xml:0,7fb#4a$qXfer:features:read:targ
> et.xml:0,7fb#4a++$?#3f$?#3f+$Hc-1#09+$qC#b4+$qOffsets#4b+++"
>
> And ReadByte() never returns -1

This looks like the answers were swapped or something.

Can you try it again and attach:
* simulavr output from "cout"
* simulavr output using -G flag
* GDB file from "set remotelogfile remotelogfile.txt"
* GDB console content with "set debug remote 1"

I assume that simulavr continues to burn 100% CPU after gdb fails.
I assume that you are using git version 2011-03-06 or newer.

What version of GDB are you using?
Does have "set remotetimeout 10000" any effect?

--
Petr Hluzin