Re: [Simulavr-devel] How to Access UI Interface on Port 7777 from own ap

From: Wolfgang Rosner
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] How to Access UI Interface on Port 7777 from own app?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:49:07 +0100

Am Mon, 13 Mar 2017 20:35:19 +0100
schrieb Klaus Rudolph <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>

> > Unfortunately, simulavr 1.1 lacks of the -P simulavr-disp feature,
> > and ddd keeps crashing simulavr, even if I use the same command
> > sequence that work with command line avr-gdb.
>
> What you want to achieve?

The idea was a simple replacement of the old -P simulavr-disp feature
for the simulation of avr-gdb code on linux platforms.

skd of intuitive "watch the bits playing"

At the moment, I use gdbs tui, which is ok for register

>  > Is there any concise documentation on the ui Interface, or at
>  > least a pointer which part of the source I could scan to
>  > understand it?
>
> Document... what? :-)
>
> Give me an idea what you want to do, maybe I can give you some more
> infos. As I remember ( my last look into the code is years away ) the
> interface is very trivial.

read the state of the hardware registers from port 7777 during a
running debug session and print it. Or do whatever with it.

----8<--------------------

$response="__ack X";

# .... create socket listening on port 7777 ....

  while(1) {
    # read up to 1024 characters from the connected client
    my $data = "";
    $client_socket->recv($data, 1024);
    print "received data: $data\n";

    # write response data to the connected client
    # $data = "__ack X";
    $client_socket->send($response);

  }

but "__ack X" does not seem enough to motivate simulavr to tell me
about my hardware registers.