sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] Debian archives

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] Debian archives
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 07:36:34 -0400

I have been able to get the new debian archives to work fully signed
repositories populated with things from the gnutelephony-devscripts
utilities and our new parchive tool.

One can use "deb http://www.gnutelephony.org/archive/  squeeze/" (or
lenny/) in sources.list.  I also have a portal hosted archive currently
that I currently use as a staging and testing area only.  I will likely
add a debian testing archive (for wheezy) once I work out an issue with
the arm binary builds for it.

To initially use the new repository you will need to use "apt-get update
--allow-unauthenticated" to load the repository the first time after
adding it to the sources.list, since you do not have the verification
keys already installed yet.  Then use "apt-get install
gnutelephony-keyring".  After that it will be happy to accept it as a
signed repository and you can use apt as normally.  The verification
keys can also be directly fetched with "wget
http://www.gnutelephony/archive/squeeze/public.key"; and manually added
instead with "apt-key add ~/public.key".

Three new packages are also being formally released today (and also
fetchable as source through the new repos...); gnutelephony-devscripts,
capemay-customize, and coastal-themes.

I have not caught up on populating things like libcppzrtp and twinkle
yet, so that may happen later this week, though those are in regular
debian archives, so it seemed less urgent to do so except if we need
updated releases packaged for testing purposes.  I also may choose to
host a variant of twinkle built with kdeism's disabled in it's configure.