skribilo-users

[skribilo-users] Re: links in chunked files not working

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [skribilo-users] Re: links in chunked files not working
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:04:16 +0100

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schilling <address@hidden> writes:

> The previous question has been answered, setting the :file keyword to
> a string instead of simply #t will interprete the string as a filename
> for the chapter or section. This is a yet undocumented feature.

Right, I'll fix that.

Another possibility is to use the `file-name-proc' custom of the HTML
engine:

  http://www.nongnu.org/skribilo/doc/user-30.html#html-engine

> Alas, I've encountered another problem with those split-off files: The
> links back to the main files don't work. The html source shows those
> links as relative hrefs within their files, but omit the name of the
> main file. Links between child files work fine.

Apparently the problem you describe only occurs when running `skribilo'
without `-o' (because `(*destination-file*)' is `#f'), e.g.,

  $ skribilo -t html foo.skb > foo.html

yields a series of files, but all the references to `foo.html' are
broken, whereas

  $ skribilo -t html -o foo.html foo.skb

does the right thing.

Code that deals with that is at:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=skribilo.git;a=blob;f=src/guile/skribilo/engine/html.scm#l1891

Can you tell whether this fixes your problem?

Thanks,
Ludo'.