sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0x80D0489D - bad MPI in pubkey packet

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0x80D0489D - bad MPI in pubkey packet
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:34:33 -0500

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:18:45 -0500, Jason Harris <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 03:35:56PM -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:
>
> Although I haven't (yet) applied patch-33, your desire to keep unusable
> keys/packets in SKS really bugs me.  Listing a raw keydump that includes
> 0x476B1681 causes mutt's pgpring to stop processing after:

I don't mean to offend, but there is actually a good reason for my
reluctance.  SKS uses a synchronization protocol that requires that
each host in the system has a uniform view of what does and does not
belong in the repository.  Introducing changes at one host would cause
persistent differences between SKS hosts, that would waste time and
bandwidth as the system tried to resolve an irreconcilable difference.

That said, this shouldn't have any real effect on users of the system.
 The simplest solution to your problem would be a patch that
introduced an option to apply SKS' presentation filters before dumping
keys to disk.  If it's important to you, I will try to find some time
to get it done.  It will obviously happen faster if someone else
provides the patch.