sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS Key Server

From: Jonathan Oxer
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS Key Server
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:43:24 +1100

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 13:00 -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting the Wiki pages rehosted?
> Getting the keydump was the easy part. The wiki docs were needed for the
> and configuration.

I'm just going through the process of setting up a keyserver myself and
found it quite painful trying to piece together bits of info from the
mailing list archives and various archived wiki pages. Because I was
building on Dapper the normal process failed for me (db-4.1 isn't
available on Ubuntu anymore) so I had to change a couple of minor things
but other than that things went smoothly - it was just trying to find
docs that was frustrating.

So mostly for my own future reference I've put some of the steps online
at

http://www.keysigning.org/sks/

Maybe it'll be useful for other people too. I haven't finished fleshing
it out yet but the main sequence is there, and I'd appreciate any
corrections from people who (unlike me) actually know what they're
doing.

Cheers   :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer