sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS compilation errors

From: Buckingham
Subject: [Sks-devel] SKS compilation errors
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:38:20 +0200

Greetings list members (my first post, so be gentle),

I am having problems compiling SKS 1.1.1 on both OpenBSD and Sparc Solaris 9. The following dependencies are installed on the OpenBSD system:

OCAML 3.11.1
Berkeley DB 4.6.21
gcc 4.2.4

All dependencies for the above packages are there and the environment variables set. As everything was installed from the OpenBSD packages archive they were pre-compiled, unfortunately SKS is not in the list.

The errors I receive are:
Makefile, line xx: Need an operator (*replace xx with line no. 23,25,26,28,29,31,33,34,35,39,41,44 or 46)

Makefile.local, line xx: Need an operator (*replace xx with line no. 6,7,8,9 or 10) *these are all export commands

Makefile, line 42: Need dependency operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue.

Scouring the internet for FAQs on SKS compilation, I came up with nothing that changed these errors. I have tried compilation under the ksh and csh shells but get the same errors.

Please feel free to comment for compilation on OpenBSD(i386), Solaris(Sparc or i386) or OSX(PPC), I have a few beefy machines I can install this on.

Any help would be great,
CB