sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Dealing with abusive clients

From: Pete Stephenson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Dealing with abusive clients
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:59:31 +0200

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 07:18 PM, Valentin Sundermann wrote:
> I see these requests too, but from a different IP. I noticed them 1-2
> months ago but wasn't able to find the origin of these requests (they
> got sorted into a general logfile because of the "missing" Host field).

Interesting. That suggests something a bit more unusual than a simple
misconfigured script, though it's oddly tailored for SKS since it's
using port 11371 rather than port 80 (I log requests for 80 and 11371,
as well as HTTPS on 443, and Tor separately).

> I log HTTP Host headers and it uses localhost in each requests. Still no
> idea what this could be.

I also started logging the Host header. It's also using "localhost" as
the host. Very strange.