sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Missing peers on status page

From: Alain Wolf
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Missing peers on status page
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:46:30 +0200

On 04.10.2017 14:32, Frank de Bot wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> On 10/04/2017 06:02 AM, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
>>> Dear Kristian,
>>>
>>> I've noticed that page
>>> https://sks-keyservers.net/status/ks-status.php?server=keyserver.searchy.nl
>>> does not list any peers.
>>> However according to
>>> http://keyserver.searchy.nl:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats
>>> server has 13+2 gossip partners.
>>>
>>> I wonder if the two pure IP addresses make your supervisor
>>> software confused? :-)
>>>
>> Only IP addresses are [listed], and IPs are filtered in the front (in
>> particular internal ones are excluded altogether). It might be a
>> misconfigured cluster where the stats requests hits a secondary node
>> instead of the primary.
>>
>> Unless it is the starting point for a mesh walk it doesn't really
>> matter, though, and the peer display is only informational.
>>
> It seems ausing some confusion, so I've adjusted the loadbalancer to
> route the pks/lookup?op=stats to the 'outward facing' sks instance.
> (Because of the only difference with queries was the query string, it
> was quite some trying and failing with rewrite in apache)
>

> Regards,
>
> Frank de Bot

Really strange, but searchy.nl now completely vanished from the status
page list, from the list of my peers on [1] and if I open the url
directly it shows another server [2].

[1] https://sks-keyservers.net/status/ks-status.php?server=pgpkeys.urown.net
[2] https://cloud.urown.net/s/fuJPFG9JY53Voaj

--