sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Implications of GDPR

From: chris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Implications of GDPR
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 13:06:51 +0100

My short response to all of that is: "meh".

Less briefly: Technically, I think you're right.  The whole keyserver system
doesn't appear to work at all against GDPR.  But equally, a _system_ like ours
doesn't seem a very likely target of any regulators.  The law was mostly
envisioned to keep *companies* in line - not a disparate collection of
individuals running a service as a hobby.   After all, most European countries
already had existing individual privacy laws that the keyservers were
theoretically already in breach of.

I'll personally risk it - but as you note - I'm not a lawyer either.  😉

Regards,
Chris