sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] disk full, keys.niif.hu crashed

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] disk full, keys.niif.hu crashed
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:30:40 +0100

> On 16 Jun 2018, at 17:32, Paul Furley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> This is a serious, serious flaw... I'm grateful to the individual for taking
> the time to research and highlight this issue. Sure, not ideal that the
> network is struggling as a result, but at least we'll have to find a way to
> fix it!

I’m not complaining about the research. I’m complaining about testing the
research against the live infrastructure with no consideration for the
consequences.

Absolutely this is important, and we need to fix it. But it would have been a
lot easier to fix before the offending key was released into the wild. A
responsible researcher would have tested against an isolated server, and not
the live infrastructure.