sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] "SKS is effectively running as end-of-life software at t

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] "SKS is effectively running as end-of-life software at this point"?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 16:26:23 +0000

On 06/02/2019 13:11, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> Is it meant litterally? The current SKS project is end of life and,
> effectively, we have to look into another direction? Other software, new
> fork with rewrite?

I said "effectively", not literally. And I was in a grumpy mood that
day. But I stand by my point about design flaws not getting the
attention they deserve. You don't need to fork the codebase to make
improvements, but you do need to redesign the protocol to be
abuse-resistant, which is a Very Hard Problem. If we had some consensus
on the way forward it would be a good start.

--
Andrew Gallagher