social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Re: The Next Step

From: Brylie Oxley
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Re: The Next Step
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:47:49 -0700

Thanks for your reply Dan. I agree that talking about, and especially mandating, language(s) at this point is preemptive.

On 05/12/2010 06:29 PM, Daniel Green wrote:
I am a novice programmer but I see projects such as JRuby, Jython, and Scala
which are gluing together languages and development paradigms. While I
recognize the importance of development on a ubiquitous language such as
PHP, I don't think that we should segregate our community at such an early
stage, if at all. We need Solidarity.

I can personally vouch for Scala and the Scala-based web framework "lift"

However, is this really the proper time to start discussing languages?
At least to me it feels too early in the game. Until we know exactly
_what_ to program, programing language isn't ready to be decided,
IMHO.

Solidarity forever, fellow hackers!