social-discuss

[Social-discuss] HOWTO enabling Web 2.0 apps to join the Social Web

From: Story Henry
Subject: [Social-discuss] HOWTO enabling Web 2.0 apps to join the Social Web
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:27:34 +0100

Hi,

  There are a lot of great Web 2.0 apps out there, that we need to help
integrate into
the Social Web. That is one should be able to log into them exceedingly easily
- as if they were just another Facebook app - seamlessly, have them recognise
one easily etc, even though one has never been there.

As it happens it is really not difficult to do this.
I wrote up a initial HOWTO here:

http://esw.w3.org/Foaf%2Bssl/HOWTO#HOWTO_foaf.2Bssl_enable_your_Web_2.0_application

It is probably incomplete, so just send me any further questions you may have.
I see the task of the gnu project not just to create a Facebook clone, but to
help show how all the previous apps can be retrofitted to partake in the Social
Web.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/