social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Future of GNU social

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Future of GNU social
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 19:10:48 +0200

2010/5/28 Matt Lee <address@hidden>
Due to maturity of the codebase, myself and the other contributors have
decided to build GNU social alongside StatusNet, and additionally, we
recommend OStatus as the basis for the distributed social networking
protocol we intend to champion.

Congrats on coming to a decision!

One plus is that status.net has one of the better implementation of FOAF.

Concentrating on elgg right now, but hopefully I can contribute some FOAF related code later in the year.

This is not a fork of StatusNet.

This is a wonderful opportunity for all of us, and I would urge anyone
who wants to get involved to go ahead, grab the code and join the
address@hidden list where the bulk of the discussion around this next step
will be happening. This list will remain for other free social
discussions, as well as meta discussion from address@hidden

Code: http://gitorious.org/+socialites