social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] How Different are Young Adults from Older Adults Wh

From: Mischa Tuffield
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] How Different are Young Adults from Older Adults When it Comes to Information Privacy Attitudes and Policies?
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:26:34 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the link, will give the full document a read soon.

"Pew" in the US did a recent survey on young peoples attitudes to privacy, and
they found that young people are as worried about theirs as their adult
counterparts:

http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Reputation-Management.aspx

dannah boyd from M$ research gives a nice summary of the report here:

http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2010/05/26/pew-research-confirms-that-youth-care-about-their-reputation.html

The research you linked to got mentioned in the reg (not a fan of), which is
pseudo mainstream-press I guess:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/19/privacy_survey/

Thanks for the link, will no longer have to cite the reg ;)

Mischa