social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Which of these names do you like?

From: Carolina Flores Hine
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Which of these names do you like?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:06:01 -0600

On 06/16/2010 04:36 PM, David Sterry wrote:
I think Dave's comments are useful but I would also say you can take two
main tacts. One is to have a meaningful name by combining words that
have the kinds of meaning you want...friends, groups, relationships,
clans. The other is to go for something short with as little meaning as
possible across as many cultures as you can query.

Yes! I was thinking about sending an e-mail to say that those names (most of them) sound like english to me... and I'd like to see a name that takes our diversity and name it... it's hard to do that... so maybe we should just pick a single meaningless word and build around it. Yeah, which one... I don't know...

Ping? Hey?  Babel? (nah...)

This is supposed to
be an international project and framework so it should be named with
international branding in mind. One other consideration is that the .org
be available which I'm not sure of for the members of the aforementioned
list.

If it were me naming this thing, I'd bite the bullet, pick a few names I
liked that met the criteria I cared about and then have a vote. I
understand the impetus to get all of our opinions but everyone thinks
differently about names and some don't care at all.(a rose is a rose...etc.)

Sorry if I'm derailing here...just thought a list of 156 names was a bit
hard to work from.

Thanks,

David Sterry

Dave Id wrote:
I've been merely eavesdropping on this list, but I work in marketing
as a site builder in San Francisco and I'd think a single syllable
name would be ideal.  Two would be pushing your luck for easily
adopted into the popular lexicon.  Three or more syllables should
clearly be out of the question.   Being easy to spell is important too
-- any ambiguity on phonetics of spelling would be bad.

peace,
david

Matt Lee wrote:
aginoodle
agidoo
agimbee
aginyx
avadoo
avazzy
babbleify
babbleshare
bluepedia
braintag
brainverse
brightbuzz
brightpad
browsebox
browseset
browseshots
bubblespot
buzzpoint
buzzzoom
camigen
centible
centideo
centilane
centimbee
centimbu
centimia
centinte
chattervine
cogilia
cogimbo
dabdog
dabfish
dabzone
dazzlepath
dazzletune
dazzleverse
demible
demideo
demimm
deminder
demiveo
demizz
digitags
divaboo
divadoo
divare
divazio
dynajo
dynalith
dynaloo
dynape
eambu
eandu
eanti
edgeblab
einu
eizzy
fivebuzz
fivedrive
fivespan
fivester
fivestorm
flashtags
gabstorm
gabtube
gelith
gembee
gigaify
gigaopia
innoblab
innoopia
jabberbird
jabberify
jabbertube
jaxfeed
jaxpedia
jaxpulse
jettag
jumplinks
jumptype
kaybox
kixo
kwimba
kwizio
lalane
leendo
leendu
leepe
linkbug
meemba
mylith
nbean
nbeat
oonder
oova
oyoble
oyocero
oyolia
pixombu
pixovu
pixozu
plambu
plaveo
podbug
qualith
quambu
quazz
quicero
quideo
rhymbo
rhynix
rhynoodle
riffcube
rifflist
rooboo
roocero
roombee
roomm
roonder
roondu
shufflemix
skaboo
skilia
skindu
skipcast
skippad
skippath
skiptube
tagset
tekfeed
thoughtblab
thoughtshots
thoughttags
topicspan
topstorm
tricero
triloo
triyo
truzzy
twible
twicero
twidoo
vilium
voonoodle
voovu
wikible
wikimbee
wikire
wikixo
wordwire
yakinte
yalia
yondu
youblab
zalane
zoozz

Reply, removing any that you don't like
and with all the others intact please :)

¿Cambiándose a Windows 7? ¡Primero lea http://es.windows7sins.org y luego
cámbiese a GNU/Linux!
http://www.piensalibre.net
Usuaria Gnu/Linux 447868