social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Facebook: David Recordon talks with talis about th

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Facebook: David Recordon talks with talis about the Social Graph
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 04:02:13 +0200

On 6 July 2010 03:09, will kahn-greene <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm a busy guy.  When I get these sorts of emails where there's a url
and no summary or explanation of why the sender thought it was
interesting, I delete them because I'm busy and I'm not telepathic.  I
picked up this great time-saving habit from a friend of mine a while back.

On other email lists, I would have deleted this email, moved on and not
given it a second thought.  However, I really care about GNU Social and
the conversations here.  So I ask that people sending urls take the time
to at least summarize the content at the url and why it's relevant.

Did you try clicking the link?

We’ve covered the launch of Facebook’s Open Graph protocol in Nodalities Magazine, discussing its potential impact on Linked Data. So, I invited David Recordon—Facebook’s Senior Open Programs Manager—to talk with Talis about Facebook and the Open Graph Protocol. We ended up talking all about the protocol, how developers can make use of it (and why), as well as touching on Facebook’s view of social networking as a graph.

The Open Graph Protocol page has information about the protocol itself. Facebook’s f8 developers’ conference site also has links with more information for developers.