social-discuss

[Social-discuss] distributed social networks (was: blockchain)

From: marc
Subject: [Social-discuss] distributed social networks (was: blockchain)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:11:37 +0100

Quoting and compelementing kenneth points below. But first, top-posting since i feel it a new thread :!

I am asking many hopeful questions, i hope are all on topic and none are too lammer :)

My initial question is how can it be envisioned to have all these featurings in a place where you can configure to enable/disable them at a user level, while rely in different tools/APIs.. I remember elgg profile dashboard and groups contents doing quite well this at a user level, although this was already quite advanced at a usability level, it was much easier to achieve than this, since all was their own API.

I dont know if within ethereum anyone could provide this easy packing, or if there is some specific project for that or if holochain.org approach could reach to handle this.

By the way, how to make any action to rely in more local consensus, instead of all those global ones? in this regard there is this 4 minutes interview with Mark S. Miller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21R259Wei2w
has other many videos about it, and he is related to this other project (whitepaperless)
http://economicspace.agency

you’ll store your profile/user data (social graph) on blockchain, not
a service (like uport),

this is the basic dependence, for starting scaling up, so up to what points needs to or can be extended or needs which additional hardcoding?

You’ll have !groups on a colony/district0x/aragon chain,

forums and mailing lists as well? ;)

#tags will be part of an ever moving meme market (hashtag market),

i attach a small mockup of some related thing to this im building it
crowdsourcing values-adjectives-human values, for using them as profile descriptors (choose 6 main), and for content's categories. up to the extent of a karmarket where you sell "hearts" or "dislikes" since you are too lazy to create content yourself (they give you hearts when you create post-curated content) (ridiculuos to sell hearts maybe, but as proof-of-concept is useful).

ipfs/swarm/storj will hold the content,

what about steem.io?

livepeer will broadcast live streams,

what about singularityDTV? or d.tube (steem.io based)

basic income might come from Proof of Presence, being online, being a
node, creating the network,

i guess you mean "content curator". however, if he is giving his interactive data to the commons-system, an evolved ArtificialGeneralInteligence could use the browsing timings as decision (if you stay more than 5 senconds watching something it gets x value.., etc)

otherwise please share more info about such proof-of-presence concept.

presence is a very mergy concept, not enough used in neuroscience nowadays..

Local bandwidth (mesh networks) and grid+ electricity protocols will
take care of some infrastructure.

this is related to what i was rising up about the local consensus above,
but in a more interesting side-level.

I guess the activity stream also works decentralized:
instead of the list of posts/activity living on server, every single
post would be chained to a
look like etherscan,
that lists the contract's entire transaction history.

ok, we arrive to the beginning again :)

so it is a improvement of etherscan what we should get as an initial more formal spec?

ken
http://artsmesh.com [6]

luvely domain name!

reminds me that you havent said anything about decentraland as graphic for a more gamy environtment
or cymatics for a more sinestesic simbolic representations of contents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

hugs,