social-mediagoblin

[Social-mediagoblin] May 30th, 2011 (0.0.3) meeting notes

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [Social-mediagoblin] May 30th, 2011 (0.0.3) meeting notes
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 14:30:43 -0500

We had a super productive meeting today!

   0.1.0, next couple of releases will be tying up loose ends
 - We're starting to add categories to the bugtraker, ie so that Jef van
   Schendel can track graphic design stuff.  Here's a feed:

http://bugs.foocorp.net/projects/mediagoblin/issues.atom?key=cc86d65bdffe91e46d311b5340c2f102c4243ef8&query_id=2

We set out a list of things to work on and assigned them to people and
marked priorities here: http://piratepad.net/gnu-mediagoblin-0-0-3

Here's the results of it by the end of the meeting:

-----------------------------------

Timeline:
0.0.2 release - May 31st
0.0.3 release - June 30th
http://bugs.foocorp.net/projects/mediagoblin/issues

** User interaction / -interface

 - [A schendje] Nice looking galleries (determine final thumb size, etc)
   http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/356
 - [B joar] Comments (basic) <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [C joar] User bios / profiles http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/315
 - [B joar] Rich descriptions (markdown) <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [B willkg] Tagging -- In what sense?  good question, we should at
   least make a ticket :) probably tagging like MediaEntry['tags'] =
   ['photo', 'baby'] is good enough <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [X] Conversion progress panel? (way to see processing botched)
   <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [B Elrond] Basic media details editing
   http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/353

** Tests!
 - [A cwebber] Finish test framework http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/289
 - [B cwebber] Test authentication views <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [B cwebber?] Test submission views <NEEDS TICKET>

** Security stuff

 - [B gandaro] CSRF (and alike things) <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [C] [D Elrond] Basic design idea of Permissions <NEEDS TICKET>
 - [B gandaro] Handle invalid filetypes
 - http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/324

** Authentication and account management

 - [X] Captcha support?
 - [A joar] "Forgot password" functionality
 - http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/357
 - [A joar] Change password functionality
 - http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/357
 - [C joar] Email address uniqueness check?
 - http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/320
 - [A cwebber] Fix slug uniqueness in indexing
 - http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/337
 - [C joar] Username uniqueness check?
 - http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/320
 - [X] Turning off public registrations

** Framework-ish things

 - [A cwebber] "Operating table" stuff (cwebber probably needs to handle
   this) http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/303
 - [C cwebber] Imagemagick support http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/332
 - [C willkg] Environment dumping / loading
   http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/298 (hacker-oriented for now to ease
   bug reporting, debugging, and unit test building)

Other priorities?
Random notes
    Feed for UI issues:

http://bugs.foocorp.net/projects/mediagoblin/issues.atom?key=cc86d65bdffe91e46d311b5340c2f102c4243ef8&query_id=2