social-p2p

Re: [Social-p2p] Getting up and running with Java: (i) json gem needed

From: Dan Brickley
Subject: Re: [Social-p2p] Getting up and running with Java: (i) json gem needed (ii) org.apache.commons.cli.CommandLineParser missing
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:39:45 +0200

Ok, so I've done two things (after some help in IRC).

1. I copied *all* (hey, I was lazy) the .jar files from my ~/.m2/
filetree into lib/

2. I learned about and installed and ran MongoDB. The README.md file
could do with emphasising the need to install MongoDB separately; the
.jar stuff from Maven only supplies a driver.

I was testing on OSX, and
http://shiftcommathree.com/articles/how-to-install-mongodb-on-os-x
seemed to work fine:

TellyClub:core danbri$ bin/core.sh
you can use application-local.properties or --config to override configuration
listening to ui port 6767
listening to core port 6768

cheers,

Dan