solang-users

Re: [Solang-users] Building solang in Ubuntu

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: [Solang-users] Building solang in Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:36:08 -0200

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 02:11 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Interesting. I have never seriously used F-Spot myself, so I did not
> know this. Does Tracker make nao:Tags out of them? (All tags shown in
> the tag view on the left are instances of nao:Tag.)

Yes it does, at least i do see them in solang.

> What you need is Tumbler: http://git.xfce.org/apps/tumbler/

Got it :)

> Good point. It would be very easy to filter them out, but there is a
> problem. What if you create a new tag and want to attach it to a
> photo. Since your newly created tag is not attached to a photo the
> filter can block it and then you will not be able to attach it to
> anything.

Hum. I see you can attach a description to tags,perhaps you could attach
some other data when creating the tag (meta-meta-data? :) ), which could
allow you to build a query that gave all the tags from images OR tags
created with solang...
On tagging workflows, i've met two that i did find comfortable: 1) the
F-Spot style (list of tags, drag-n-drop between tags and files, plus
right click on file groups to add and remove tags), and 2) a simple
textbox with "smart" autocompletion, like blogger.com post tagging.

Greetings,

Jorge